Comprehensive cover that protects the Seller in the event of incorrect details, faulty shipments or unreliable details
The Machine Compare Seller Protection can cover you in the event of claims, chargebacks, or reversals that are a result of unauthorised purchases or items your Buyer didn’t receive.
Below are some of the main requirements you need to meet to benefit from our Seller Protection:
We ask for evidence to prove that checks have been carried out prior to dispatching sold items.
To be eligible for Seller Protection, you need to provide us with two types of evidence:
Type 1) Digital or physical proof that the item was picked up from the courier. This is automatically generated by our courier provider, therefore you don’t need to worry about this.
Type 2) Evidence that the item(s) have been tested prior to shipment.
Evidence of testing can be provided in the following ways:
- Photographic or video evidence of the part(s) undergoing bench testing
- If the part(s) have the original sealed packaging and have not been opened, this is enough evidence, however, you would need to provide photographic / video evidence of the sealed packaging
- Photographic evidence of identifying marks such as the serial number
What is not covered:
Most Marketplace transactions are covered if the Seller follows the requirements listed above However, there are instances where Seller Protection doesn’t apply:
- Claims, chargebacks, or reversals filed because the item is significantly different from how it was described (for example: you described an item as “sealed in original packaging,” but sent an opened or used item)
- Instances where you receive multiple payments for an item
- Claims settled directly with merchant outside of our marketplace
- Inability to demonstrate proof of shipment or evidence of prior testing before item(s) were shipped. These include bench testing electrical goods and providing photographic or video evidence of the item(s) working prior to shipment
- These eligibility requirements for coverage can also be found in the Marketplace for Sellers section of our knowledge hub
We hope the above article helps you understand how the Seller can be eligible for a comprehensive protection cover during transaction.
If you have any questions pertaining to this subject, please Contact Customer Support.